July 11, 2011

A no-good, very not fun weekend.

**UPDATE** As is would happen Olivia does not have the chicken pox. She is having a bad reaction to the MMR vaccine given at her 15 month well child visit.

We had grand plans this weekend. Plans of swimming pools and birthday parties. But no fun was had at our house. Why, you ask? Two words -- Chicken Pox. Our precious girl has the chicken pox.
Thursday night after her bath, I noticed a slight rash on her belly. I didn't think much of it, got her into her jammies and put her to bed. Friday was a difficult day for our family, my mother-in-law's dog Isaac had to be put to sleep. He had fallen very ill over the past week and it had become clear to all of us that he was suffering. Olivia didn't really know what was going on. She was a bit clingy, but once we got out and about she seemed to brighten up. We had a baby shower for one of my sister's friends at the park. She was in a pretty good mood and enjoyed all the attention.



We got home around 5 and settled into our evening routine. During her bath I noticed the rash again. It was worse this night and I wondered if it might be chicken pox. After I got some second opinions {that's what grandma's are for right?} the general consensus was that these were indeed chicken pox. I've been giving her regular doses of Ibuprofen and Benadryl; hoping to ward off the itchies.



Olivia's been doing a lot of resting, and getting lots of love and cuddles from Mommy and Daddy. The blisters are still popping up, so I have a feeling we've got a ways to go before we are out of the woods. She's been pretty irritable which is very out of character for her. I know she's miserable and I just hate it for her!

Here's hoping the end is near!

No comments:

Post a Comment