January 25, 2012

It's Back! Wordy Wednesday..


This quote couldn't have come at a better time for me.
I officially went back to work in my 'career' yesterday. It's kind of bittersweet.
I've weighed the pros and cons of returning for 10 months now.
Here's a very abbreviated example of what my list included {of course there was a list!}

Pro: added income for our family, having a sense of self outside that of a wife and mother, rejoining my 'family' {I really missed some of those girls!}, the sense of accomplishment when I met my sales goals.
Con: more time away from Olivia, less flexible schedule, less time to complete everyday tasks {I feel a lot of list making/multi-tasking in my future}, fear that I might -yet again- get burnt out.

But yesterday was nice.
Sure some of the cast of characters that I had missed for so many months had moved on. But it felt good to be back at work, in a career that I feel confident.
And I'm so thankful to Him for blessing me with the opportunity to go back to work. In a time that so many are struggling to find work, I know that I'm truly blessed.

**I'll be back later with some more exciting news.. in case me returning to work and opening an etsy shop wasn't enough for one week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment