June 30, 2011

10 minutes of Jimmy Kimmel made me cry.

I will not often comment on celebrity gossip on this blog. But tonight I watched the first 10 minutes of this video from a recent  Jimmy Kimmel Show; and in short- I'm saddened. {yes, I cried.} Not because I particularly liked Charlie Sheen's character on the show in question. Or that I particularly like Charlie Sheen for that matter. But he is human, and to ridicule him in this season of his life is unfortunate. He is clearly going through something that is going to require a therapy that only He can provide.

{This picture doesn't really have anything to do with the post.. it's just darn cute!}

Anyway- back to the point. {This post is most certainly NOT about Charlie Sheen.} The part of this video that bothered me actually has nothing to do with Mr. Sheen. The scary part {for me anyway} were the words coming out of the children's mouths. I just sat here in shock. My first thought was "Oh, if Olivia talked like that I..." and then my train of thought shifted. The more important question is "WHY do these CHILDREN have those thoughts." I know that today's society is quickly closing the gap on childhood innocence; but as mommies and daddies isn't our job to protect them from this unnecessary evil?? Why do children have to know about things like bazookas and whatever that kid at the end of the bit was talking about. I don't know about you but I just didn't think that way when I was little, and I pray that Olivia doesn't when she is older. Lord, please help me shield her; help us shield all the babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment