August 24, 2011

I want to pee alone.

 

When I first saw this card on Pinterest I thought it was funny.
True- but funny.
Then this morning in the shower {curtain half-open, Olivia throwing things into the shower with me} I thought to myself, "It sure would be nice if I could shower alone."
Then a little voice, aka the Spirit, popped into my head.
"This is life. Here. Now."
Then my thoughts went back to this card.
It's true, I used to want "everything."
But now my definition of "everything" is quite different.
"Everything" used to be a career, a house, etc. Wordly things.
Now "everything" is caring for my family, holding hands with my sweet girl, tender moments at bed time.
I wonder why, to the world, those things are menial.
Why is it that so many people are so focused on the "what" and the "where" that they leave little room in their hearts for the "who.'

I pray I never lose track of the "who" in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment