August 9, 2011

French for Candy



About a week ago I received some very happy mail from BonBon Jewels. The new objects of my affection are in the top left hand corner of the picture above. To die for, right? BonBon is a gorgeous jewelry line. A jewelry line that just happens to be owned and designed by my lovely cousin Micah Yancey Rust.



Isn't she fabulous??

In December of 2010 Micah realized her dream by making jewelry design her full-time career. I could not be more proud of her. Last year she was nominated for the Austin Fashion Award Best Designer; along with several other recognitions via press and nominations. Last month she partnered with Merah to create “BonBon By Micah Yancey for Merah;” a line of earrings made with hypo-allergenic ear hooks. Micah believes that jewelry should be 5 things; clean, simple, well-made, sophisticated and in keeping with current fashion trends. She hand picks each stone used in her pieces; and uses only semi- precious stones, 14 karat gold- filled and sterling silver metals, and one-of-a-kind vintage items for her designs. I am lucky enough to own 3 pair of earrings from the line and I love all of them equally. The construction is impeccable and they are just so darned pretty! I get compliments on them all the time. So please, stop reading this and go take a look at the line for yourself. You won't regret it. Pinky promise.


{wearing my pretties the day I got them, I couldn't wait}

No comments:

Post a Comment