December 27, 2011

Our kind of Christmas...

It was delightful.
Busy, but not crazy. The good kind of busy- filled with lots of love, good food, family, traditions and laughter.

Olivia was sick the entire weekend. {That was no fun} But we all managed to stay in the spirit.

Christmas Eve both families came together to celebrate. No presents, just togetherness. {I am so thankful that both sides of our family come together for things like this so that we can ALL enjoy the magical moments in life.} I love traditions. Some of my happiest childhood memories are of Christmas traditions. One of my favorites was every Christmas Eve my Gran would read me "Twas the Night Before Christmas;" it was a very special moment for me to share that with Olivia this year.


{she wore her cupcake shirt because we were throwing a birthday party for baby Jesus. She chose her outfit this evening, everything down to the leopard print ballet flats. What can I say- she's definitely my child.}

Another tradition was leaving cookies for Santa and sprinkling 'reindeer food' for Santa's flight crew.




{Don't tell Olivia, but we were out of milk from all the baking so Santa's milk is actually expired liquid coffee creamer. Sure hope he liked hazelnut as much as I do!}





Olivia sprinkled the reindeer food all by herself.



This Christmas morning was super special. My Mom, Step-Dad Robert, and Grandmother came to see Olivia open her presents. She got so much! Best part.. she said 'thank you' a lot!




Santa brought her a toy kitchen and a tricycle. You know, because she was a super special girl all year!




We rounded out the day with a visit to our "bonus parents." Chance's best friend, Terry's parents. They spoiled us, as always. They are so good to us and treat Olivia as though she's their granddaughter. So thankful to have so many people in our girls life that love her.
 


{excuse our scary eyes!}

I hope your Christmas was as wonderful as ours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment